fred berri has won the prestigious 5 star review from Reader’s Favorite…
Reader’s Favorite provides professional reviews for authors and has earned the respect of renowned publishers such as Random House, Simon & Schuster and Harper Collins. Reader’s Favorite has received the Best Websites for Authors and Honoring Excellence awards from the Association of Independent Authors. Readers’ Favorite also tries to help those in need by donating books and income each year to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Fred Berri was born in the Bronx, New York. After many years, his family moved to Yonkers, New York where he finished high school. After graduation, he relocated back to the Bronx with his mother and brother to an area called ‘Little Italy’ within the section known as Fordham.
Berri married his high school sweetheart, Louisa, aka Lola, and together raised their children.
Early on, he worked various jobs from shining shoes, grocer, butcher, and owning a lunch truck. At eighteen, he became licensed as a Real Estate sales person and insurance agent. Within time he started a successful contract cleaning janitorial service employing over 100 individuals. Berri sold his business relocating to Florida and graduated Columbia State University with an online degree. He became a banking specialist licensed to offer annuities, mutual funds, and equities with one of the largest banking institutions in the nation. Retired now, he enjoys writing and spending time with his grandson, Carmelo.
Berri believes the mind can imagine and create what you let it. An example he uses is the children’s story we are all familiar with–‘Humpty Dumpty.’ Berri claims he was pushed!
Mr. Berri has volunteered teaching “Junior Achievement” within the Florida public school district. In addition, he headed a volunteer program to read to young children, grades K to 3. Berri has also done public speaking and has had the opportunity to be in TV commercials, including voice overs.
Berri is the founder of http://www.RetirementUSA.com
- “Twist, turn and bend the truth. Now it’s fiction.” © –fred berri
- “Great books are weighed and measured by their style and matter, and not the trimmings and shading of their grammar.”– Mark Twain
- “The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.”–Abraham Lincoln
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight, but no vision.”–Helen Keller
- “Sometimes it’s the very people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things no one can imagine.”– Movie…The Imitation Game used by character Christopher Morcom
- “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.”– Allen Saunders, Reader’s Digest, January, 1957, section: “Quotable Quotes.”
- “We are all worms. But I believe that I am a glow-worm.”–Winston Churchill
- “I speak what I have composed concerning the King. My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.”–Psalms 45:1
- “Humpty Dumpty was pushed.”–fred berri
- “The things that come into your life that you don’t chose, make you who you’ve become.”–fred berri
- “All the words I use in my stories can be found in the dictionary–it’s just a matter of arranging them into the right sentences.” — Somerset Maugham
- “Nothing is Impossible. The word itself says; “I’m Possible!”–Audrey Hepburn
- “Cogito, ergo sum” (“I think, therefore I am”) — René Descartes (1596 – 1650)
- “Life is a sum of all your choices” — Albert Camus, author, playwright, philosopher
- “The Profession of book writing makes horse racing seem like a solid, stable business.” — John Steinbeck